The perfect diet plan or the best exercises to lose belly fat are the most discussed topics, people who want to lose weight, indulge in. However, a typical weight loss objective is to lose belly fat because that’s where most fat accumulates.
Research points to clear connections between conditions including type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Therefore, shedding excess fat might have a positive impact on your health and wellbeing. Abdominal obesity is defined as measurements exceeding 35 inches for women and 40 inches for males.
We have some exercises and diet plans for those who want to know how to lose belly fat easily and quickly.
Table Of Contents
What Causes Belly Fat
Persons who have a normal body mass index (BMI), but nonetheless have excess belly fat, have an elevated risk of the health problems listed above. This runs counter to the common perception that only obese people have this risk. The following are some of the possible causes of an excessive accumulation of fat in the abdominal region:
- Consuming a lot of sugar, both in the form of food and beverages, has been linked to an increase in abdominal fat, according to a number of studies. This is primarily owing to the fact that during processing, additional refined sugar was added. Although consuming an excessive amount of sugar in any form can be detrimental to health, sugar-sweetened beverages present an especially serious hazard.
- Alcohol is a possible contributor to sudden weight gain in the abdominal region, as well. One study found that men who consumed more than three drinks per day had a likelihood of having excess body fat that was 80 percent higher than men who consumed fewer than three drinks per day. Excessive alcohol consumption has been linked to an increase in belly fat.
- One’s activity levels also play a significant role in the development of abdominal fat, especially when combined with a sedentary lifestyle. According to one piece of research, individuals who lost weight and then participated in an exercise programme consisting of either resistance training or aerobic activity for a period of one year were able to avoid regaining abdominal fat. On the other hand, individuals who did not engage in any form of physical activity saw a rise in abdominal fat that ranged from 25 to 38 percent.
- Cortisol, also known as the “stress hormone,” is a hormone that is produced by the adrenal glands when the body is placed in a stressful situation. Stress is a major contributor to overeating, and cortisol is the hormone that makes the body store the extra calories consumed as fat around the midsection.
- In the same way that genes play a significant role in the increased risk of obesity, genetics may be partly responsible for the tendency of the body to store fat in the abdominal region.
Effective Tips On How To Lose Belly Fat
To lose belly fat, one needs to stick to a routine that has been carefully planned out. The accumulation of fat in the abdominal region can be reduced by following a few simple guidelines, which are as follows:
Ensuring That You Get Enough Sleep
The amount of belly fat a person carries is one of the many aspects of health that are influenced by sleep. It’s been scientifically demonstrated that people who don’t get enough sleep have a greater propensity to put on extra pounds. If you don’t get enough sleep, your body’s levels of the hormone ghrelin will rise, while your leptin levels will fall. Ghrelin is the hormone that’s responsible for making you feel hungry.
If you don’t get enough sleep, your metabolism and hormones will work differently, and your body will be less able to handle glucose. When you are worn out, the reward centres in your brain begin searching for something that can make you feel good about yourself. You may find that you are unable to resist temptations when you are sleep deprived, despite the fact that when you are well rested you are able to keep your craving for comfort food under control. This can result in a hormonal imbalance in the body, which can then lead to increased fat storage and subsequent weight gain.
It is absolutely necessary to get at least seven solid hours of sleep every single night in order to keep one’s weight gain under control. The level of rest you get each night is just as important as the amount of time you spend in bed.
Drink Plenty Of Water
Consuming more water is associated with a lower risk of weight gain, which is a good thing. According to several studies, drinking water can improve the efficiency with which the body metabolises fat that has been stored.
Consuming water regularly throughout the day will give you the sensation of fullness and will help you control your appetite. Because our body can confuse thirst for hunger on occasion, it is important to drink some water before reaching for a snack so that you can determine what your body is actually requiring at that particular moment in time.
It should come as no surprise that drinking water is the most effective way to satisfy a thirst. It is best to opt for water over any other beverage because sugar, which is present in any juice or carbonated drink, contributes to an increase in calorie consumption.
Warm water first thing in the morning can help you shed extra pounds and lose belly fat while also flushing out toxins and cleansing your system.
Can a daily exercise routine help lose belly fat? Well, it is a well-established fact that maintaining a healthy weight can be facilitated by regular physical activity. This is a fact that cannot be questioned, yet there are different points of view concerning the level of intensity of a daily exercise routine.
Your gender, age, and body mass index (BMI) should all directly influence the workout routines you choose to follow. Before beginning high-intensity resistance training, it is best to get the advice of a personal fitness trainer.
Keep Track Of Your Calories
Any additional calories that are consumed are stored as fat in the body, regardless of their source. It is highly recommended to keep a daily record of the number of calories that are taken in as well as those that are burnt. This can help prevent the accumulation of fat in the body.
A calorie deficit can be a very effective method of weight loss. A caloric deficit of 500 per week can result in a loss of 0.4 kilograms, or 1 pound, of body weight. You can achieve the same result by making use of the calorie tracker that is included in the https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android
Never Miss Your Breakfast
Many people believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day since it offers the necessary amounts of energy to get their day started. Skipping breakfast wreaks havoc on your metabolism, which in turn slows down the process of burning fat.
In addition, if you skip breakfast, you increase your risk of making unhealthy food choices throughout the rest of the day. Consuming a wholesome breakfast first thing in the morning will assist curb food cravings and keep hunger at bay for the rest of the working day. It is important to include natural foods like eggs, oats, fruits, and nuts in your breakfast in order to ensure that it is nutritious.
How To Lose Belly Fat With Exercise
Poor diets are unavoidable. Eating healthy, vitamin-rich foods and keeping a balanced diet are big parts of being fit and reaching your goals.
But doing a variety of cardio, strength, and core exercises will help you lose body fat in the long run. So, here are the best exercises to lose belly fat that personal trainers recommend for getting rid of that stubborn belly fat.
Vertical Leg Crunch
- Lay flat on the floor with your legs straight up and then cross one knee over the other.
- Take a deep breath in, then lift your upper body toward your pelvis.
- Take a slow breath out.
- Do two or three sets of 12 to 16 crunches.
- Lie on the mat or the floor and keep your hands behind your head or by your sides, just like you would for crunches.
- Bend your knees and lift both of your legs off the ground.
- Bring the right knee up to the chest and keep the left leg on the ground.
- Put your right leg down and bring your left leg up to your chest.
- Alternately bend your knees like you’re riding a bike.
- Lie down on your back, knees bent, feet firmly placed on the ground.
- You can either put your hands behind your head or cross them on your chest. Inhale deeply.
- As you lift your upper body off the ground, you should let out a breath. When you go back down, inhale, and when you go up, exhale.
- If you are just starting out, do 10 crunches for each set. Aim to do between two and three sets of crunches every day.
- Take a tabletop position by putting your weight on your hands and toes and bending your knees. Maintain a straight spine by squeezing the middle.
- Raise your left arm to reach straight forward. At the same time, raise and stretch out your right leg.
- Hold for a count while tightening your core, and then go back to the starting position.
- One rep is when you do the move again with your right arm and left leg.
How To Lose Belly Fat With A Simple Diet Plan
Our belly fat diet plan works and is very easy to follow. Belly obesity can cause diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. Thus, diet and exercise are crucial. Diets are rigid and hard to follow. Finding the best diet to lose belly fat can change this. So stop starving yourself. Instead, choose a low-calorie, healthful, and easy-to-follow diet. Sticking to the diet and preventing slow metabolism will be easier.
Check out the 7-day diet plan to reduce belly fat with cheat meals and goodies below. This approach should yield results after 10 weeks.
7-Day Diet Plan To Lose Belly Fat
The 7-day flat belly diet includes a healthy, low-calorie, and balanced diet. One day will be for a cheat meal, and the remaining five days a week will be to burn out. You may burn 3500 calories a week this way. Consult a trained nutritionist and follow for 10 weeks the best diet to lose belly fat effectively.
- Have a glass of lemon cinnamon water to start your day.
- Have a vegetable sandwich with a glass of skim milk for breakfast.
- At 11 am, eat fruits and almonds.
- 1 pm is your lunch time. Eat two bowls of Masala Khichdi, one bowl of Sprouts Curd Salad, and one bowl of Low-Fat Curd Kadhi.
- At 3:30, have a glass of buttermilk to help the food digest.
- At 4 o’clock, have a cup of green tea.
- After an hour, eat half a katori of boiled chana.
- Include in your dinner two chapatis, one bowl of palak paneer, and half a cucumber.
- Have a cup of skimmed milk at the end of the day.
Make sure your diet is well-balanced and that you get as many nutrients as possible. Also, make sure you burn more calories than you eat each day. Take a look at this plan for a week to get a better idea of how to plan your diet for a week.
How To Lose Belly Fat By Eating Right
Protein-Rich Foods That Burn Belly Fat
Protein suppresses hunger, overeating, and cravings, making it the most significant macronutrient for weight loss.
Protein boosts metabolism, making weight reduction simpler. Protein builds muscle and prevents muscle loss in calorie-restricted diets.
Black beans, lentils, yoghurt, cottage cheese, milk, eggs, lean meat, poultry, and fish are protein-rich foods that burn belly fat.
Cut Down Carbohydrate Intake
Our fat storage hormones activate when we eat carbs.
Carbohydrate-rich foods like white bread, rice, cakes, and biscuits and sugary foods like soft drinks, packed juice, and chocolates release a lot of glucose into the bloodstream. Insulin is released by the pancreas to remove this glucose from the bloodstream.
Over time, high insulin levels store abdominal fat. We must limit carbs to control insulin.
Say No To Alcohol
Alcohol use has severe consequences. Alcohol increases the likelihood of belly obesity. Alcohol increases hunger and decreases satiety, making poor eating choices more likely.
It stresses the intestines and stomach. This decreases digestive secretions through the system, which is necessary for proper digestion. These nutrients are affected by all degrees of alcohol consumption. This can significantly impact weight-management organ metabolism.
Consume Soluble Fibre
When combined with water, soluble fibre can form a gel that helps to slow down the movement of food through the digestive system. This kind of fibre encourages weight reduction because it makes you feel full for a longer period of time, which in turn prevents you from eating more than you need to. Soluble fibre foods that burn belly fat are oats, peas, beans, apples, barley and citrus fruits.
Drink Green Tea
Green tea contains nutrients and antioxidants that boost health, burn fat, and help you lose weight. This drink boosts metabolism with the antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG). As a natural appetite suppressant, EGCG can also help you lose weight. Caffeine, a stimulant, helps your body burn fat and calories, and green tea is full of it.
If you want to get the most out of green tea, don’t add sugar, honey, milk, or cream. Green tea’s antioxidants may be enhanced by exercise.
How To Lose Belly Fat – FAQs
- Can You lose belly fat in a week?
Our clients’ research has shown that a good diet and regular moderate exercise at home will reduce belly fat, but consistency and positive behaviour are also needed.
- Which foods are best to burn belly fat?
The foods that quickly burn belly fat are Avocado, pumpkin seeds, broccoli, beans, and yoghurt. Homemade herbal teas, cinnamon turmeric water or milk, mint lemon juice, aloe vera drink, and amla drink are effective too.
- How to lose belly fat faster?
Exercise is as important as food for quick belly fat loss. Best exercises to lose belly fat are crunches, leg raises, planks, etc. Core exercises combined with cardio will help. Reduce abdominal fat by exercising and following the diet. That fat will disappear in weeks.
How to lose belly fat through exercise and proper diet is something that needs to be addressed. It is not an overnight process but one that needs time and dedication. The best way to lose belly fat is to follow a strategy with a long-term focus. If you want to pursue your fat loss goals, following the strategies that were just discussed can bring you one step closer.
Having said that, before you get started on this journey, it is highly recommended that you consult with a professional on how to lose belly fat fast and effectively. You could get started by consulting with some of India’s most accomplished nutritionists and fitness coaches.