Ebook is a brilliant way to start making money online. You write an ebook, you sell your concepts, abilities, and knowledge online. Yes! That’s how it begins – creating a comprehensive online information product or membership website. Providing an ebook download in exchange for email subscriptions, or a lead magnet, is a terrific way to expand your email list.
I’ve often wondered why people don’t write an ebook. And I found someone telling me that the design, cover, layout, photographs, or technology is mostly the problem. Well, as far as my experience goes, that’s actually the simplest aspect.
The most difficult part of the process is actually the initial step, the writing. Of course it’s not just typing that is writing, it is actually creating something that truly functions; something that people are really going to read, become engrossed in, and engage with until you persuade them to do the next action. That is when they will move on to purchase additional products from you.
Table Of Contents
What Is An Ebook
Books that are most men’s best friends have now turned to “smart” buddies. How? Well, with the concept of an e-book, of course. Why? Because that’s what people in this ever changing world are always looking for, isn’t it, ways to make everything more comfortable and easier to use?
Ebook is not a physical copy but a digital copy of a book. It is accessible via computers, tablets, smartphones, and other similar electronic devices. Since they are more affordable to produce than traditional paper books and are available to anybody with a device, ebooks have grown in popularity over the past ten years. They are also more aesthetically pleasing and better for readers with vision impairments.
Ebooks Benefits – Can Anyone Write An Ebook?
Anybody can create an ebook, but your chances of success are multiplied tenfold if you have greater online authority (such as Instagram followers or Facebook connections).
Everyone can publish ebooks thanks to the widespread availability of the internet. Aspiring authors can also use a tonne of free resources like Amazon Publishing and several editing programmes.
Besides that, there are amazing benefits from ebook creation and ebook publishing. The following benefits are available to authors of digital books:
- An ebook is available right away whenever you’re ready to read, as opposed to lengthy printed publications that are ordered online or mailed from a retailer.
- If you want to encourage a website visitor to become a lead, you can place the information behind an opt-in or “gate.”
- Ebooks can be designed with detailed charts, graphs, and full-page graphics in certain ways that you might not be able to do with a blog.
- You can distribute the file countless times after the ebook’s original development without incurring further manufacturing costs. Additionally, there are no additional delivery costs.
- You may encourage the reader to interact with your content further by including links to additional media in the ebook download.
Perhaps more crucially, ebooks benefit your audience in a number of ways:
- Ebooks are very portable and don’t require any additional physical storage space to be kept on a variety of devices.
- If the reader prefers to absorb the content in a more conventional manner, they have the option of printing the ebook. The digital format is much less harmful to the environment.
- Ebooks are more obtainable since they allow readers to change the font size and/or listen to text-to-speech readings.
- If the reader needs to find something, in particular, they are also conveniently searchable.
Best File Formats To Write An Ebook
A variety of formats are available for saving ebooks. However, based on your end-user, you might find usage for any of the subsequent file types:
Probably the most popular file type is PDF. Digital marketers, you’ll want to keep in mind that ebooks designed to be read on a computer are best served by the “PDF” extension, which stands for “Portable Document Format.”
The “Electronic Publication” file type is a more adaptable ebook format. By that, I mean that EPUB ebooks may “reflow” their text to fit different tablets and mobile devices, allowing the ebook’s text to move on and off different pages depending on the user’s device size. They are especially useful for viewing on devices with smaller screens, such as smartphones and the Barnes & Noble Nook.
The Mobipocket Reader programme, which Amazon bought in 2005 but later discontinued in 2016, gave rise to the MOBI file format. But the MOBI file extension continues to be a widely used ebook format that is compatible with the main e-readers (except the Nook).
Although the format has several restrictions, such as the inability to handle audio or video, it does enable DRM, which prevents protected content from being illegally duplicated or watched. The original MOBI file types constitute the foundation for newer Kindle formats.
This particular ebook file format was created specifically for Amazon’s Kindle e-reader. Users may open this file type on PCs, cellphones, and tablets, though.
OpenOffice, a collection of open-source content production products that are comparable to Microsoft Office, is the primary application for the ODF file type, which stands for OpenDocument Format.
IBA is the exclusive ebook format for the iBooks Author program from Apple. This format is exclusively used for books created in iBooks, however, it does enable video, sound, graphics, and interactive aspects. Other e-readers cannot be used with it.
How To Write An Ebook
Now that you are ready to write an ebook, let’s get you acquainted with the various steps to go through.
- Choose a topic that fits the needs of your audience.
- Draft each chapter of your ebook.
- Break down each chapter.
- Design your ebook.
- Adding supporting content
- Ebook Editing
- Make it a PDF file.
- Make a landing page just for your ebook.
- Promote and track your ebook’s success.
How To Create An Ebook Topic For Your Audience
Choose a topic that will make it simple for a potential customer to transition from reading your ebook to speaking with your sales team. This means that the things you cover in your other content distribution platforms should not significantly differ in your ebook. Instead, you have the chance to delve deeply into a topic that you have only briefly touched on up to this point but that your audience is interested in learning more about.
To help you get started, here are a few possible sample titles for ebooks.
- Best Techniques for [Topic]
- A Brief Introduction to [Topic]
- Frequently Asked Questions
- [Topic] Statistics For Better Decision-Making
- Learn From The Best: Experts Offer Insights on the Subject
Drafting Ebook Chapters Or Outlining The Ebook
Similar to how you would outline a traditionally written book, you should outline your ebook. There are no changes to the writing process because it is being published online. You can always keep on track and know where your writing is headed if you have a well-organised schematic. If you lack organisation, you run the risk of straying from your initial concept and having a disorganised manuscript.
Write An Ebook Chapterwise
Chapters are integral parts of your ebook. They provide your text structure and regulate the reading speed of your audience. Each chapter should stand alone while also making sense in relation to the others. It’s essential to move forward gradually. One long string of words isn’t the best way to maintain interest, and it doesn’t have a lot of selling value.
How To Create An Ebook Design
It’s not necessary to create an extremely complex ebook design. Inexperienced web designers can structure their books using a tonne of resources. Utilising pre-designed formats can simplify the design process and spare you the hassle of making sure your book is compatible with the settings of ebook reading software.
Adding Supporting Ebook Content
The next step after creating and designing your ebook is to include any supplementary content.
If you’re simply writing a traditional novel without any pictures and have very few needs for supporting material, you may definitely skip this step.
However, there are some things you would want to add if you’re writing something like a biography or a recipe book, such as:
Images: Although not everyone likes looking at pictures, the right images can greatly enhance your book. Images are a terrific technique to help the reader understand what you are discussing, for instance while discussing art. Be sure to follow all copyright regulations.
Quotes: These might give your arguments more credence and a wider global perspective.
Graphs & Tables: Charts and graphs, like quotes, enable various sorts of readers to better understand the information by lending credence to your statements.
References: It’s important to remember to cite your sources, particularly if you based your book on the data and information of others. This list ought to be someplace in your possession already, so adding it to the document shouldn’t be too difficult. To guarantee that others will take you seriously, be sure to adhere to the correct citation standards based on your desired style and genre.
Calls to Action – A call to action is a technique that not everyone will employ, but it’s excellent for speakers who are addressing contemporary topics like social justice or the ecological. The reader is urged to use the knowledge they have gained to protest, help others, or volunteer in their community.
Your ebook content will determine what visual or editorial aids you choose to use.
You don’t want your ebook to be rife with grammatical mistakes and awkward syntactic constructions.
This is the aim of the editing procedure. You’ll be able to see errors and be prompted to make the appropriate adjustments as a result. Read it over yourself as the first step in editing. To find any trivial mistakes, use your editing programme.
After that, you can proceed to get your book proofread by others.
Make It A PDF File
Create a PDF version of your book before you start giving away free ebook copies to make it easier to send it to reviewers. Electronic files known as PDF proofs let other people comment and offer suggestions on your document.
Utilising built-in services, such as Google Doc sharing, is an alternative that isn’t necessarily a bad idea. After that, you can begin by letting any friends or family members read your writing. A group of test readers can be assembled to provide you with feedback.
After you’ve completed all of this, think about hiring a qualified editor to review your book.
Create A Landing Page For Your Ebook
You should have a landing page on your website where visitors may have your ebook download. A landing page is a web page that advertises or discusses your offer and offers a contact form that site visitors must fill out in order to access your ebook. By doing this, you may turn website visitors into sales leads that your sales team can eventually contact.
Promote And Track Your Ebook’s Success
Once your landing page is ready, you can use that URL as your ebook’s destination to spread the word about it through your marketing channels. Five different ways are listed below:
- On your website, promote your new ebook. On your resources page or perhaps your homepage, for instance, provide a CTA or a link to the landing page for your offer.
- Through your blog, promote your ebook. Consider posting a section of your ebook as a blog post, for instance. To encourage readers to continue studying, you could also create a supplementary blog post on the same subject as your ebook and include a link to it at the end of your post. (Note: The best way to advertise an offer you made with a blog post is by using this particular post as an example.)
- Contacts who have expressed interest in receiving offers from your business should receive a segmented email.
- Utilise sponsored promotion and joint marketing initiatives to spread the word about your ebook to a wider audience.
- Share articles on social media that include a link to your ebook. By including social media share buttons in your ebook, like the ones in the ebook’s bottom right corner, you can also enhance the number of social media shares.
- You’ll also need marketing analytics to gauge the success of your live product after your content has been released and promoted through your marketing channels.
Having read our blog post, you may have by now understood how to write an ebook from scratch. It isn’t that difficult, is it? What is an ebook is something you already knew. But now you also know that it is not the time-consuming process it seemed to be. Nor does ebook publishing require any specialised agency or a large amount of money. And free ebook download practically requires nothing but a good internet connection.
It’s all about the basic rules that are explained in this article from how to create an ebook to how to publish an ebook. And you will be more equipped to manage the challenges that most other beginners face. Put our suggestions into practice. They will unquestionably take you a long way.